Dutch Oven Cooking
Here is a collection of the Troop's favorite Dutch Oven Recipes.
If you have a favorite recipe ... send it to the
Guadalupe Chili Pie (Guadalupie)
2 lb Ground Beef
1 md Onion, chopped
1 cn Chili Beans, 15 oz can
1 pk Cornbread Mix, 6 oz.
8 oz Tomato Sauce, can
2 Tb Vegetable Oil
1/2 ts Chili Powder
1/2 ts Salt
1. Brown beef and onion in oil in open Dutch oven.
2. Add beans, chili powder, salt and sauce and cook for 15 minutes in covered oven.
3. Mix the corn bread as directed and add to top of meat and beans.
4. Place lid on oven. Cook for 20 - 30 minutes, until cornbread is done.
Dutch Oven Deep Dish Pizza
2 pk Pizza Flour mix
1 cn Pizza Sauce
1 lb Pepperoni
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
8 oz Cheddar Cheese
1 cn Olives
1. Mix both packages of pizza flour according to the package directions.
2. Line the Dutch oven with aluminum foil and oil lightly.
3. Pat out dough into the bottom of the oven in an even layer. Bring edges of dough up the
sides of the oven about 1/2". Brush dough with oil.
4. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over the dough. Put remaining toppings on the pizza,
and then add remaining sauce over the top.
5. Put cover on oven. Place oven over a small amount of coals. Place an even layer of
coals on the cover and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes.
a. Use any type of meat you wish.
b. Add other toppings as you desire.
a. The key to success is to not overheat the bottom crust when baking. Use the equivalent of about 6 - 8 charcoal briquettes on the bottom.